Sunday, 9 August 2026

15mm Ork Beach Boyz Canoe

Beach Boyz proxy War Trukk

I was looking at my other 15mm Space Ork army and I thought to myself, my Ork Beach Boyz need some sort of War Trukk. The Surfer Boyz are nearing completion. The first unit of them that is. But the Surfers are proxy Warbikes and I need something to both transport the other fighting lads to the shore and to bring some much-needed dakka.

I wanted to keep with the surfing Beach Boyz theme, and it hit me that across the dutch here there is an exemplarily group of lads whose sea faring warrior history, travelling the South Pacific, makes an ideal inspiration for my Boyz.

Bambu Labs Maker World to the rescue yet again. A quick search found an excellent Polynesian Canoe that would make an ideal War Trukk proxy. This canoe would have to be jet powered and be able to slide on land like a sledge. And it would need dakka. How much dakka would depend on what looked cool.

A quick interwebs search found for me some nice 3D Orky jetpack files that could be resized to fit the bill as jet engines for the canoe and I was off to the printer.

One side of the mainsail.

And the other side.

The lads give it the once over.

The sail is affixed using small rare-earth magnets, so it can easily be removed as required. The turret at the front currently isn't fixed to the canoe. I plan to just Blue-tack it in place for games. But I haven't settled on just what dakka should actually be on the vessel as yet. At least this gives the canoe a heavy machine gun for now.






I've made four of these now, as I just couldn't help myself. This is the first to be completed. I wanted to experiment with colours and various configurations before I painted them all. The other three will be gradually rolled out after I pick up getting some shooty boyz painted up. No sense having transports without some lads to transport.