Saturday 7 May 2022

Zombicide Fatty Buster

 

I've been painting up some Zombicide miniatures lately for D&D. I still have work to do on the first batch, but I thought I would post the Fatty Buster I just finished. This is the first reference model I plan to use as the main paint scheme for the other fatties. I'm still experimenting with the paint scheme for the first Walker and Fatty Zombie batch. I'll show images for how they turn out in a future post.

This fatty was base coated in black spray. Then zenith highlighted in white spray. I then wet brushed it using Rakarth Flesh. Once dry, I next used Reikland Fleshshade on the miniature. I washed the model and, once dried, used a second wash over the pustules to deepen the tone. The clothes are painted in a dark green. Eyes were painted orange and Blood of the Bloodgod was used last.

I used sand for the base, inking it in a brown wash once dry. I have chosen to use sand for the base as I want the miniature to be usable on various surfaces for D&D, not just for the Zombicide game. As such, inked sand was the best option to decorate the base as it would match most surfaces.