Monday 10 June 2024

Empress Miniatures BTR-70 for Zona Alfa

 

This is the Empress Miniatures 28mm BTR70 (available here). These appear in every S.T.A.L.K.E.R. video game. Given that Zona Alfa takes its inspiration from that franchise (as well as other near post-apocalyptic style settings like METRO 2035 and the METRO games), I had to have at least one as a cool bit of terrain for my Zona Alfa games. So here she is finally painted up and on the table.

Part of an abandoned military convoy.



As you can see above, the turret comes unattached and so can be swivelled as you like. There are also two headlamps and a searchlight to go on the vehicle as well as two guns. I chose to go with just the one gun and not put the searchlight on the very top of the vehicle for ease of storage.

The paint job was simple. I just spray painted the entire model in grey and then applied two different green spray shades over the top of the vehicle and the sides. The wheels were sprayed in grey also and then I lightly sprayed them with an olive-green spray paint to give a dirty look to them. I then washed the model in Agrax Earthshade. Done!