Wednesday 27 July 2016

Ral Partha/Iron Wind Metals Skeleton Levy w spear (model no 02-744)

Ral Partha/Iron Wind Metals Skeleton Levy w spear_model no 02-744

One of the projects that I have slowly ticking away on the painting table is building a Kings of War undead army for use with both KoW and also Ral Partha's fantasy miniatures rules. For that army, I wanted a core troop set of skeleton spearmen. Looking at the Iron Wind Metals website, I noted that they had the type of miniature I was after, but there were no images that I could find to their Skeleton Levy with spear. Taking a punt, I bought enough to make a unit or two and thought I would post an image or two of this mini for reference.


Painting the mini was fairly simple. I base coated it in White spray, then once dry, painted the spear in terracotta and the spear tip in bronze. I then dipped the mini in Army Painter Strong Tone shader. Easy as that.

Once dry, the eyes were painted with a dip of Teclis Blue and when dry, another drop of White.

Here's a bunch more images for reference. Enjoy!