And the paint scheme used?
- Start with a base coat of Chaos Black
- Paint the recesses Nihilakh Oxide
- Drybrush the model in Rakarth Flesh
- Drybrush next in Pallid Wych Flesh
- Drybrush a final layer in White Scar
- Paint the weapons in Boltgun Metal
- Paint highlights on the weapons and lower wings with Nihilakh Oxide
- Paint hooves in Scorched Brown and highlight with Bestial Brown
- Paint armour bone in Naggaroth Night
- Carefully wash bones in Brown Wash BUT be careful to make sure you stay away from the recesses where the Nihilakh Oxide sits.
- Layer highlight the armour edges in Shadow Grey
- Layer highlight the same again in Space Wolves Grey
- Finally do a highlight layer of the armour edges in White Scar
Here's a few close-ups showing the detail of the paint scheme.
Now to make another one of these things!
I'll post some house rules for this thing in a future post.