Tuesday 17 September 2019

Klingon Raptor-class Scout for ACTA Starfleet

Klingon Raptor-class Scout vessel

I thought it was high time that I got back to developing my take on the cinematic view on Star Trek vessels for A Call To Arms. ACTA Starfleet doesn't capture the design features of the later TV series and movies. For example, Klingon vessels do not use photon torpedoes and have phasers. However, in the TV shows and movies Klingon vessels come armed with photon torpedoes and utilise disruptors as a beam weapons (mostly) instead of phasers. Romulan vessels are armed with disruptors and plasma torpedoes, etc.

I want the TV/movie feel and so have been thinking how best to design my Klingon vessels with that design principle in mind.

As such, I plan to post a series of blog entries detailing my take on the Klingon vessels as seen on our television screens for A Call To Arms Starfleet. This is the first entry in an attempt to capture that style of vessel. See what you think.