Sunday 12 July 2020

RuneMage from HeroForge in 28mm



Well, I did it again! Chalk up another dead player character!

This brings the total now to seven killed player characters in our role playing group over the last two years, including one total party kill (TPK). Pretty impressive, and I'm not really even trying!

Peridun was a RuneMage for our D20 role playing game. We play a hybrid D20 that brings together elements of Old School D&D, Dungeon Crawl Classics, and D&D 5e and sets it in a Warhammer sort of world. Basically its a home brew Grim Dark D20 and its living up to its reputation for killing off characters.


So, funny story. I had just about finished painting this miniature for the player when the character up and got himself killed by a Barrow Wight. I mean, the never of it all! It takes me ages to paint these things and then he gets killed next gaming session :). I was going to finish off the base before I posted photos of the painted mini but seeing he's dead and all, kind of no point now.


Anyway, the original mini is plastic and made by HeroForge 1.0. I backed the HeroForge 2.0 kickstarter but am still awaiting the arrival of my free mini. Hopefully it hasn't disappeared down the pandemic black hole. Anyway, the point being that I could have just "painted" it using HeroForge 2.0 but seeing that this one had been sitting around from prior to the Kickstarter I decided to try to finish it off. Then he snuffed it!


You just can't trust player's, can you? I mean all that effort and now its back to the drawing board. Its not like I had anything to do with the character's death being the Game Master and all. Honestly, I swear!


Ok, back to painting up another mini. Hopefully I will finish that one before another of my players kills another one of their characters.