Tuesday 13 December 2022

Fallout Wasteland Warfare DYI terrain

I don't yet have a 3d printer and so I'm not able to currently use the STL files from Modiphius Entertainment for Fallout Wasteland Warfare. That just leaves me one option. Make my own. So, I have been hunting around the odd toy shop or toy section around town to see what inspires me to post-apocalyptic conversion. This lovely vehicle just happened to catch my eye.

Not sure who it's made by but it's a nice olden style Cadillac looking car. Glue in a few skeletons (correctly bent to the right shape), pull off the tyres and bingo! Hapless drivers caught on the freeway when the bombs fell. All chard and crispy.

Stick it all on an old blank CD. Add some sand, stones and some flocking. Drybrush a lot of brown to give it that old, rusted feeling, and there you have it.



She's just a little undersized for the 32mm heroic scale FWW miniatures, but good enough, and darn well cheap enough, to be suitable blocking terrain for incoming fire. That is until it catches alight and (in 1d6 combat rounds) explodes doing 3d6 ballistic damage and 1d6 radiation damage. That's for the role-playing game. For Fallout Wasteland Warfare I'll come up with some different rules for this bit of terrain. Now to find some more stuff...