Monday, 27 July 2026

Beach Boyz Killa Kan in 15mm - One Page Rules

 Beach Boyz Killa Kan

In the last post, I showed of a 15mm scale Killa Kan for my Space Orks army that I will be using One Page Rules with. That was a melee Kan and I needed some more as ranged attack type Kan's. But I was watching Gamesnight on YouTube and saw a fantastic battle report where an amazing surfer Space Ork army face off against a Pirate Ork army in a 40K battle report.

I love how these Beach Boyz Orks were made and I got to thinking, "You know, Orks fight amongst themselves as much as other factions. Why not make a 15mm Beach Boyz Ork army of my own?" I readily agreed with myself on this endeavour and suddenly fell down the rabbit hole.

The first of these creations is almost completed. More on that in future. But next up was making another melee Kan for my Beach Boyz. Here's where the Bambu A1 printer came into its own. I printed off another Kan and set about kit bashing with more stuff from my Gaslands Refuelled Implements of Carnage.


This saw me put two wrenching balls on this Kan instead of just one. A suitable pose was needed showing the thing viciously smashing the ground in front of it. I then thought, "how can I make this dude look distinct?"

It occurred to me that if I had a face mask of appropriate beachiness, this would be ideal for the Kan. Bambu Labs Maker World to the rescue! An appropriate mask downloaded, a quick resizing to the height of the body of the Kan and a quick printing later and "hey presto!" a unique, beach/islander look for my Kan.


But it needed more. I decided that it should have roof racks on top of it and surfboards added. I used a fender grill from the Gaslands stuff as it would be ideal for such racks. But when I tested it, it just didn't look right. So, I decided that the rack should go on the back of the Kan rather than its head and in this way, it would carry around the Boyz surfboards for them on its back. It also highlighted the unique faction that the Kan belong too.

The surfboards are from eBay and are plastic spare surfboards for Matchbox cars. The scale is perfect for the 15mm Ork army.


Some gaudy paintwork later and its done. I'm not going to ink the sand as I want it to look at home on a beach rather than look like it has soil and rocks on its base.

So, there you go. Another Kan added to the Space Ork arsenal.