Sunday 12 April 2015

Klingon Battle-cruiser comparisons

I thought I would post some images of the Klingon battlecruisers I have for ACTA - Star Fleet.


Most of my ACTA - Star Fleet miniatures generally fall into the scale of the Amarillo Design Bureau 2400 series of miniatures. I've found that this range of Star Trek minis aligns fairly well with the ranges from Wiz-kids/Attack Wing, Micro Machines and Matchbox (for ships from the JJ Abrams version of Star Trek).

Mongoose (ADB) D5



 
From left to right: Studio Bergstrom D4, MicroMachines Klingon D7 battlecruiser, Mongoose D5 (Amarillo Design Bureau 2500 series D5), and Wizkids/Attack Wing K't'inga Battlecruiser




Given that the D5 is very close in scale to the K't'inga, I'm going to use the D5 model to represent the ACTASF D7. I have other mini's from Studio Bergstrom that I plan for use for D4, D5 etc.

 
Its a nice fit with the MicroMachines D7 battlecruiser also, but a more detailed miniature in my view.