Tuesday 27 March 2018

Pathfinder Battles Wyvern

Since its been a while between posts, you get two today. Yay for me!

The first is my repaint of the Pathfinder Battles Wyvern.

Incoming!

This little chap I purchased from eBay. He will be finding a place of pride for my Orcs / Goblin Chaos Wars army. Scale wise he works well as a Hero's pet for the Goblin Army. Standing at 10cm's tall at the tip of the wings, he makes a nice Creature addition to my growing Gobo forces.

Throwing some light on the subject

The Chaos Wars rules give some guidelines as to how big a "Dragon-like" creature should be in order to be of a certain level. Dragons (as with Heroes, Creatures and Titans) can be from 1 to 5 levels in the game. This guy is roughly 3 inches from nose to base of its tail (you don't measure to the tip of the tail, but to its bum, basically). So he can be anything from a level 1 to a level 3 Dragon if you have the points to spend on creating it as such.

This is a very nice plastic miniature. I have kept it on its original base. I just based it as I would any other miniature I have. With the help of some Devlin Mud brown wash and some dry brushing and highlighting, I really like the way it has turned out.