Monday 17 February 2020

Reaper Miniatures Swamp Troll


Where has the year gone? Its mid-February and it just seems like time is flying!


I've been trying to paint here and there when I have a spare moment. This beasty is a Reaper Bones Swamp Troll that I desperately needed to get painted for an upcoming adventure for my RPG group.


Most of the painting was achieved by using a grey spray base coat and then inking it in a Citadel green ink. From there, some highlights and picking out the details pretty much achieved the look I was after.


The base still needs a little work but it is pretty much finished. Its a very flexible miniature, so I used Army Painter Soft Tone on it to lock in the paint. The Army Painter dip also leaves the miniature with a wet sheen that you normally have to use their mat spray on afterwards. However I haven't done that on this miniature in order to have the look and feel that this thing has just climbed out of the mud and slime of a stinking bog.


Can't wait to see the faces of the role playing group when I slap this bad boy on the table. Should be priceless :)