Wednesday 15 April 2020

H.M.S Canopus and Windy Bottoms


Over the Easter break I was able to finish off some 1:3000 scale WWI ships. I also began a solo game (courtesy of a little something out of China that has kept everyone locked up of late) of Victory at Sea - Age of Dreadnoughts, which I will post about later.


For now however I thought I would show a few images of some of the items for that game. See if you can guess what battle the solo game replays by thinking of an answer to the following question:

What WWI naval battle in the Pacific should the H.M.S. Canopus have been a part of but was not able to participate in due to its slow speed and aging engines?



Windy Bottoms is a wind direction marker that I have made from part of a Dreadfleet miniature. The windy breath part of the miniature kept breaking off so I ended up using cotton wool to represent the wind.


I used a pin glued to the mouth of Windy Bottoms to act as an anchor for the cotton wool. This provided the frame with which the cotton wool remains supported upon.