Thursday 2 April 2020

A Little Hording... Slave2Gaming Goblins


Here's the latest from the painting table. Slave2Gaming's excellent Goblins.


I wanted these little guys to be based two to a 25mm round base. In this way, when they are used for Kings of War or Dragon Rampant, they will appear more as a horde rather than dispersed on the movement tray.


I prefer my goblins to be grey in colour rather than green, and so I used a wet brush of light grey over the model's skin. The models were based coated with black spray originally and when painted, washed in Agrax Earthshade. Thus the effect is one of dirt and rust.


The eyes were painted in yellow and the tongues in a red-brown colour.


I'm still to determine what insignia I will paint on the shields and banner. But for now they are ready for the table.


I need to paint up some more for use in role playing. For that project I will base them one per base rather than two as they will be individual monsters facing off against the player characters. Another day, another project!