Sunday 29 March 2020

Deep Ones from Reaper Bones


These slimy rotters are from Reaper Miniature's Bones collection. 


There are four different molds and remind me of the Deep One silhouette in one of the very earliest editions of Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu role playing game.



The paint job was another simple use of washes. After having base coated the miniature in grey, I inked the model in green ink. I then painted the underbelly and arms of the creature with a lighter green tone by using a heavy dry brush technique. The eyes and teeth were then painted white. So where the nails on the hands and feet.


The Deep One Shaman skulks within the horde






Once painted, I coated the miniature in Army Painter Soft Tone. After this was dry I decided to leave the wet look and not spray the model in the after coat varnish. This leaves the miniature with a wet, slimy look to it which was just what I was after.









A little more detailing to the base and these guys should be ready to spring on the player characters in my role playing group. They are going to be the villains behind the destruction of a fishing village in our gaming world that draws the players into a mystery.