Sunday 19 September 2021

Radscorpions - D&D Wikids Giant Scorpions perfect for Fallout Wasteland Warfare

 

My personal laptop recently decided to go on the fritz not loading Windows. My RPG buddies can fix it but thanks to the stupid lockdowns we haven't been able to get together since mid-June 😠 So not happy. Needed to borrow another laptop just to post this.

Anyway, so I recently bought three D&D Wizkids Giant Scorpions but wasn't really sure on how I wanted to paint them. Seeing their size, when they arrived in the post, it hit me that these would be ideal as Radscorpions for Fallout Wasteland Warfare as well (and a darn sight cheaper too). I am developing my own home grown D20 rules for Fallout too so that we can rpg in the Wasteland using a rule system we know well as a group. So Radscorpion paint job it was then.





Painting was very simply done. I just base coated the miniatures in Chaos Black spray. I then used a dark brown (Rinox Hide???) as a wet brush over the exposed parts of the model. I then used a Terracotta red colour and dry brushed that over the exposed extremities of the body. I then used a lighter red on the pincers, sting and eyes. I then washed the model in a Gloss Brown Wash. Easy! The gloss wash really brought the colours together and gave a shine to the chitinous exoskeleton that I wanted.





Somebody has found some new pets!


Not what you want to find whilst scrummaging around the Wasteland.


Hopefully I will be able to get my laptop back into working order soon.