Monday 17 January 2022

Caverns on the cheap for D&D

 

Not much painting going on right now, but I did get to pull out my cheap and easy cavern tiles for our D&D game over the weekend. So I'll show these off instead.


These are made from carboard, paper towel, toilet paper and white glue (PVA). I showcased the DM'sCraft YouTube channel a few posts back and he has a stack of cheap and easy ways to make terrain, including caverns.


The stalagmites are DwarvenForge, but everything else (excluding the miniatures of course) are made from cardboard and Paper Mache as the DM's Craft shows. Painted it up with cheap acrylic paints. Its sold and can take a beating and it worked great on the table as you can see. Not the best cavern terrain available but is the cheapest and you can make as much of it as you want in any shape you want it. You can see the different shapes I've used in the photos.




The tile above was made from a rubber gym mat. Very light weight but it does turn up at the edges a bit.



The sabretooth tigers are from Iron Wind Metals.







I'm pretty happy with these. Cheap and do the job nicely.