Saturday 25 March 2023

Zombie Bolt-hole for Zombicide, Fallout and TNT

 

A quick one today.

I like these cardstock Zombie emergence holes that came with one of the Zombicide games. But not to fussed about the 2D aspect of them. So, I decided I'd give making a 3D version a go.

Using a 60mm flat round plastic base, I applied pre-made plaster gap filler around the outer rim. I then added some small pebbles to the plaster. Once it had dried, I used PVA glue to apply sand in the gaps. Pointing it was easy, just a black undercoat, followed by successive darker to lighter shades of grey acrylic paint. I then used a lightened up green paint to drybrush around the inside of the hole to give the impression of a radioactive light source from somewhere in the depths of the hole. I was careful to keep the centre of the base black to give the impression of a deep hole. This becomes the spawn point for the zombies or Fallout Ferral Ghouls. The hole can be sealed with a well-placed grenade toss, or dropping a grenade down the hole to case a cave in.