Monday 27 March 2023

Radioactive Waste dumps for Fallout

 

I wanted to make some radioactive waste dumps in blast craters as feature terrain for my homegrown Fallout d20 roleplaying, Fallout Wasteland Warfare and This Is Not A Test (TNT) games. So, I purchased some Amera craters, got some nice looking 28mm sized barrels and some $3 resin and got to work. As you can see, the results worked out pretty good.

To get the green, toxic water effect, I added a few drops of green paint in with the resin as I mixed it up and poured it into each crater, dripping a little on to each barrel to show they were leaking the stuff.

Each plastic crater is mounted onto a blank CD, roughly giving a 5" diameter circle. This almost denotes the radiation danger zone for TNT games and the effective danger zone for my Fallout roleplaying games. I might make one more, for a total of three. But I am happy with how this has tuned out. Here's a few more images.