Saturday 15 July 2023

Battletech Inner Sphere Mechs for Alpha Strike

 

Ever late to the party, I picked up the Battletech Alpha Strike starter's box the other day. I have always be curious about Battletech, however it seemed to me to be a very cumbersome ruleset and basically aimed at single mech vs single mech (unless you want to play a game that lasts for a month!).

Alpha Strike very much changes all that and it intrigued me enough to make the plunge and buy the Quick-start rules box. Plus, it's got a lot of very nice mechs. And who doesn't love really big robots?


My Inner Sphere Northwind Highlanders Lance for the first scenario.


From left to right, the Mechs are the Phoenix Hawk, the Locust, the Blackjack and the Wasp.


Painting was easy enough. I base coated the minis in Chaos Black spray. I then used a dark green spray followed by a zenith spray of a lighter green. I then dry brushed the mini's in Goblin Green, painted the exposed metal a boltgun metal colour and the windows were done in gold. I then applied the St Andrew's Cross flag to each of them to show they are from the Northwind Highlanders. I also washed the mini's in Agrax Earthshade. Once dry, I carefully rebased them onto clear hexagonal bases.

The Locust

The Wasp

The Blackjack

The Phoenix Hawk

On patrol



Now for their opponents. And all the other miniatures from the Alpha-Strike Starter Box.