Monday 5 February 2024

Hit markers for Lazar Criticals

I wanted some Critical Hit markers for lazar damage for my homegrown Fallout Skirmish Game and decided to make them myself rather than buy something.

In my homegrown rules, when a critical is scored against an opponent, if that opponent is a minion, then they are burned to ash instantly. No mercy there! The critical marker is placed where the minion model was and effectively becomes a loot token that can be snatched up by the first model to touch base with the marker. If the minion had any equipment, then that would be in the marker and can therefore be taken by the model for use next game. But the model would need to get that token off their edge of the table to salvage it.

I'm also tossing up the idea that for Companions and Lone Wonderer's, when a critical is scored against the model, their player must immediately make a Luck roll against a set target number. If roll is a failure, then the model is instantly turned to ash also. Nasty! But could be fun in a campaign setting.


These were made by adding sand to a 25mm round base and painting it accordingly. I have also experimented with a blue Plasma Critical Marker (I'll show that off sometime) and guts for a melee or ballistic critical hit markers. I'm still experimenting with the idea but does look like it could prove to be an interesting one.



As it's for a skirmish game, five markers should prove to be sufficient enough for the table. I haven't scored a Critical with a lazar weapon yet. So, I haven't seen this play out in the game testing as yet.