I mentioned in an earlier post that I bought on Shapeways some White Strong & Flexible (WSF) early Klingon Bird-of-Prey (BoP) miniatures. This was to test if they would be suitable in scale to the Star Trek Attack-wing/Heroclix miniatures.
I thought I would detail here how I painted these miniatures both as a personal reference for later and just in case anyone was interested in using a similar process.
As these were WSF miniatures, there wasn't a great deal of detail and so it was a fairly simple process to paint. When the more detailed miniatures arrive from Shapeways, I'll spend more time on each model. But for now, if your interested, this is how the WSF ones were painted.
- Basecoat in Black Spray
- Wetbrush in Citadel paint Straken Green
- Wash heavily in Black Wash
- Drybrush in Straken Green
- Paint the engine intakes and bridge windows in Citadel paint Evil Sunz Scarlet
- Paint engine exhaust ports in Citadel paint Fire Dragon Bright
- Drybrush in Citadel paint Warpstone Glow