Thursday 25 April 2019

The Emperor Dalek

Terry Nation's Dalek Annual Emperor Dalek

I was able to buy a copy of the Terry Nation's Dalek annual 1978 on ebay recently. I used to have a copy of this when I was a kid. But I lost it over the years sadly.

The Emperor Dalek rises

I always liked the rendition of the Emperor Dalek from that issue and recently I wanted to make one for my own Imperial Dalek forces for the Doctor Who Miniatures Game (DWMG). But getting the right sized head was always the challenge for this little creation.


Fortunately I was able to find a $2 Soccer game where the soccer ball was just the right size. Using a Dalek from the Exterminate game I removed the upper torso & head and replaced this with the soccer ball. I then glued the eye stalk and several nodules from inside the ball itself (these nodules joined the two halves of the ball together) as "ear" lights on the dome of the Dalek head.

The superglue has left some vapour marks on the model, but painting it will fix that easily enough.


Now I need to find the right paints for this fellow and detail the base. But here he is, the Emperor Dalek for the Imperial Daleks.