Sunday 11 August 2019

Eaglemoss K7 Starbase for ACTA Star Fleet


Years ago I purchased off eBay an Eaglemoss DS-9 star base (you can find it back if you troll through the links for Star Trek ACTA). I purchased it in order to use for A Call To Arms Star Fleet. The miniature is smaller than the Attack Wing version but certainly fits the scale of MicroMachins, 1:3788 (ADB 2400) and 1:3125 (ADB 2500) scale miniatures. So taking a punt, I purchased the K7 star base for the same purpose.


And yes, it fits to scale. Technically a Base Station for fans of ADB's Star Fleet Battles, this is big enough to be a star base in my view and I'm going to stat it up accordingly for A Call To Arms.


As you can see above the station fits well with ADB's 2400 series Federation Destroyer (a scale of 1:3788) set on the base supplied with the miniature.


It also fits well with the Studio Bergstrom & Woomera Shipyards 1:3125 scale Coventry Class ship (mounted on the base from Studio Bergstrom).


I really like this miniature. Its got a good level of detail and is well constructed yet light weight enough to not be a brick on the gaming table.



I like the hanger bay at the base of the structure. Its a good size for shuttles and small cargo vessels.



The saucer detail is on both sides and the central core has extra details as well.




Now this gives me an idea for an ACTA scenario.