Saturday 22 April 2023

Making a Mad Max V8 Interceptor for Gaslands

 From this...

To this...


Matchbox Hot Wheels make a V8 interceptor based on the Mad Max movies. However, I wanted one that looked more like the vehicle from the Xbox Mad Max Fury Road video game. So, I decided to do some modifications.

You can see the work in progress below and the final version. I used the Gaslands 20mm Interceptor Driver available from North Star Miniatures as the driver, cutting the shotgun arm from the standing figure and swapping it with the seated figure. Added some plating for Chumbucket (yet to be painted) to stand on and a fuel can (which you can keep in the back of the vehicle in the game). I added some wheel spikes and used a piece of a toothpick to create a bar for Chumbucket to hold on to. I also added a ram bar and exhaust pipes to the vehicle, as well as the engine block and removed the windscreen.





I had to drill a hole in the metal plate for the cars metal bar to pass through.












I like how this has turned out. Just need to make a Chumbucket for it now.