Sunday 7 December 2014

On the Painting Table... Another Terrorgheist for the Vampire Counts Army

I wanted another Terrorgheist for my VC army. Trolling through the excellent miniatures at Reaper Miniatures, came across this little ripper! Their Skeletal Dragon model. And its a perfect size for Warmaster.

Great model, however I wanted a look more like the GW Terrorgheist. The Reaper Mini fits the bill nicely, but the wings weren't quite right. However, Reaper again to the rescue, I saw the wings from another undead dragon. The wings are available separately and are for a larger model than the Skeletal Dragon, but this works nicely in line with the look of the GW Terrorgheist.

It took a bit of creative editing, but cutting a limb off here and bending the model there, and by supporting the model in the right way, I came up with this for my second Terrorgheist...


I based it on an 8cm by 4cm base to give it stability. The right wing also acts as a support to stop the model tipping over. I mounted its back legs on rocks so that it looked similar to the GW model and was tempted to mount a character on the model. I may do another one in future just for that purpose.




You get the idea of the size of the original skeletal dragon and just how big the wings are. This little experiment turned out well I think.