Been a bit busy lately, so not much painting getting done right now. I blame Bethesda and Fallout 4 for that!
However, I have been chipping away at my Weihnachtsmann Army (Santa Clause's Christmas/North Pole Army). More on this I will reveal in the days leading up to Christmas.
As an introduction, I thought I would show off one of the main infantry units currently being painted in a "how to"guide. One of the reasons I set this blog up originally was to be able to remind myself of how to paint certain units. I take notes of the paint jobs that I do. But its also helpful to have step by step guides as well. The 'On the Painting Table' post generally are these kind of guides.
How to paint Wichtel
I used Kislev Axemen for these miniatures. See the images below this guide to show each step of the process below.
- Basecoat in Chaos Black
- Wetbrush in Red Gore
- Paint metal in Chainmail
- Paint the weapon hafts in Bestial Brown
- Paint flesh in Dwarf Flesh
- Paint fur, hair, breads and some highlights in White Scar
- Paint sword scabbards and hilts in Scorched or Bestial Brown
- Clean up any messy painting
- Paint highlights as desired
Paint severed goblin head as a Halloween pumpkin Jack-O-Lantern using the following method:
- paint eyes in Yriel Yellow
- paint pumpkin in Fire Dragon Bright (Orange)
- paint base of pumpkin in Dark Angels Green